Sunday, December 11, 2011

Good Food, Better Friends

Less than two weeks Friends!!!
This weekend has been such a good one. For many reasons. First being- we are both off work together. Philip has been working a lot, and a lot of nights. So we have both enjoyed getting to spend time together this weekend. 
But we have also gotten to spend time with a lot of our good friends! Remember the Martinkovic Christmas Party last year? Well they had the second annual one this year, Friday night. We had a nice sit down dinner, a Christmas reading by Matt (in ten different accents/dialects), and then played Dirty Santa. It was a lot of fun. 
Our friends Erin and Seth also had people over that night. They live next door to Matt and Michelle so it worked out perfect for us to stop by there in between dinner and games:) Many thanks to both the lovely hostesses- everything was wonderful!

Yesterday I had lunch& an ornament exchange with my close work friends. LOVE my ornament and it's already on my tree:) When I got home, Philip and I got to work on cleaning the house.
* I would like to say that 2 months ago I purchased a Groupon for a 2 hour house cleaning. In preparation for my Christmas Party this weekend. they cancelled. an hour before their appointment. thus one very unhappy customer*
anywho, my lovely husband helped me scrub the house. and it is sparkling:)
He also helped me make a gingerbread house :)
front of house (my job)
back of house (his job). notice the pee pile by the tree...
Last night we had dinner at DeShas with our life group. We all got a little dressed up and got to enjoy a delicious meal with even better company. and Baby Harper got to come in her Christmas dress too :)

When we got home we made a fire and watched a movie. perfect. day. 
Stay tuned- the next post will be about my Family Christmas Party tonight-- so excited!
see, I am an angel;)

2 comments:

L.B. said...

I love how much fun you are having this holiday season (and every one it seems). Looking forward to fun stories from your party!!

Blissfully Burton said...

you lied a little bit about your gingerbread house... :)