Friday, December 16, 2011

presents.cards.food

Man, I wish it would snow. My Christmas Season will be complete when the ground is covered in a nice thick blanket of white. we had already been sledding twice this time last year! anxiously waiting :)

Yesterday my Dad and I went on our annual shopping trip for my Mom. We go every year to get stocking stuffers and presents my Dad has thought of for her. It is one of my favorite traditions:) After shopping we met Mom and Anna Jo for lunch and then the girls finished up our Christmas shopping. I am officially D.O.N.E with Christmas gifts! they are all under the tree and ready to be opened!

I know this is so cliche, but giving gifts is so much better than receiving. Don't get me wrong, I love getting gifts and seeing the thought behind each one. but there is a kind of happiness that comes from giving someone you love a present.
my presents from Philip- i have been instructed I am not even allowed to touch them! so curious and excited!
I had an epiphany this year. Every day I get so excited to check the mail. I LOVE getting Christmas cards. it makes me so happy to see them and put them on our card holder (ordered from etsy- i love it). I have never done Christmas cards and this year Philip was like 'Honey, why don't we send Christmas cards?'. and I just looked at him. i mean, why don't  we send them? Me, the Christmas Elf, not sending cards? so weird. So I am going to rectify this situation next year. I will be adding to your colorful envelopes in your mailbox. I apologize for just now getting on the card band wagon
our cards! thank you for sending them to us- i LOVE them!
Last night one of Philip's co-workers had us over for dinner. She made an absolutely amazing dinner and my plate was literally scraped clean. Then she surprised me with 'for dessert we are having creme brulee'. I wish you could have seen the excitement on my face. it is my all time favorite dessert. we get it every time we go out. she let me use a blow torch to crystallize the tops of mine and Philip's. it was hands down one of the best desserts I have ever had. Thank you Laura! 

1 comment:

CARRRRRIE said...

fire !!! MESSAGE ADDRESS AND I WILL SEND YOU A CARD.....