Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Baking! and ramblings

My cousin Tiffany, who lives in GA, came in to stay with us for 2 nights! She was my role model growing up and I used to follow her around every time she came to visit. Now that we are older, I still look up to her- and we have such a special bond :) I loved spending time with her and wish her and her family lived closer. 

I have been wanting to try my hand at making homemade dog bones. I got a good recipe for some, and wanted to make them yesterday. She helped me mold them, and they turned out so good! Jackson loved them and I was able to give some to Bird and Shira for their boys as well. 

 to make them all you need is 2 cups whole wheat flour,1 tbsp baking powder, 1 cup smooth peanut butter, 1cup milk and 1/2 cup oatmeal. you mix together, knead, roll out, and cut them into bone shaped shaped cookies. Then you bake at 375 for 20 minutes. 

Today I am working on some more Christmas baking to take to Philip's family for Christmas. Crystal made these for her party and I got the recipe because they were so good. 
all you need for these yummy bites are:
 you placed the Rolo on the pretzel, bake at 300 for 4 minutes, then squish a pecan halve in the middle and let them cool! so easy and so yummy. 


Last night we had our annual Christmas Dinner with Bird and Shira. It was so nice catching up and getting to spend time with them. It is so crazy that the next time we see them Lily be here! 

It's almost Christmas! .. which is crazy to me because it was 60 degrees yesterday. i mean, where is the snow?! seriously. but anyway- part of me doesn't want Christmas to come. because it will fly by, and be over. and then my PCD sets in (post-christmas-depression). I know- I'm crazy. 

Here's to a day of baking, cleaning, and hoping I don't called in to work :)

2 comments:

L.B. said...

Happy Baking and just enjoy it while it is here and know it all comes back again!! (Something to look forward to!) Looks like we will not have a white Christmas here in Illinois either!!

Blissfully Burton said...

So fun!