Friday, December 2, 2011

Decor

As I explained here, hubs wouldn't let me decorate for Christmas until after Thanksgiving. Soo, when we got home from his Dad's Thanksgiving night, guess what we did? we put up the tree! Thanksgiving festivities had ceased and I wasn't waiting a minute later:)

Last year we started the tradition of drinking champagne while putting up our tree. Then we write the date on the cork, place it back in the wire basket, and hang on the tree. I look forward to having 50 little corks all over our tree:)
So we took our time putting up our tree and reminiscing on the past year. We have traveled a lot this year, and got an ornament each place we went. It was so fun to put them on the tree and remember where we bought it.

 I was so tired from working that day, eating two Thanksgiving meals, plus champagne- that we went to bed after the tree was up. I woke up the next morning and got started on the rest of the decorating:)

My parents got us this tree last year for our first Christmas together. Each ornament represents a blessing for your married life together. This tree is very special to me, and I love putting it out.

This tree was the tree Philip bought when we first started dating. I could not believe he didn't have a tree up in his apartment. One night he surprised me and bought one, so when I came over for dinner it was up, lit, and even had ornaments on it! So we kept the baby tree and put it up in our bedroom now.
 Here is our new welcome mat and outside Christmas trees. I looked everywhere for these trees last year, and after Christmas, Auntie Jo found them for me! I love pulling into our driveway and having these light up our front. (pay no attention to the ugly wreath- Mom and I are making a new one this weekend that will be much cuter)
Yes, we play Elf on the Shelf. I realize it is a child's game. and one day it will be just that. but for now, we take turns hiding Buddy in very random places:) My favorite last year was on my shampoo bottle in the shower. 
We were laughing at how tacky our stockings are. But we love them. We had so much fun picking them out our first Christmas. (notice that someone's stocking is already full!)
 When Philip woke up he helped me with the last thing I couldn't do by myself. Get this little one up in the corner. I have no idea why this corner shelf has an outlet, but first thing I said when we bought the house was 'it was made for a Christmas tree'. and it serves just that purpose.
some more decorations




I got Jackson another Christmas toy. The grinch is still out, but this one was only $5 at PetSmart, and went to an animal shelter. So, lucky Jax got a new toy to fling around the house.
Last year, I searched high and low for a big Santa pillow for the couch in our sitting room. I couldn't find one and was so sad about it. This year however, I found exactly what I was looking for. I put Santa out and he looked perfect on our couch. I would like to say i got a good picture of it, but...
someone is on the naughty list for this one
 Hope everyone is decorated- I would love to see pics of your Christmas decorations! 

Linking up with Meg for her Linky Party! 

2 comments:

Blissfully Burton said...

everything looks great! love the champagne idea. didn't you have a pink tree at your apt?

L.B. said...

How fun is the cork idea!!! LOVE that. I love your decor and that you play elf of the shelf...we do that for our daughter and now that we have started I see it going on for a long time. Check out pinterest for some wacky ideas!