Thursday, December 1, 2011

Dec 1

Happy December!!!!
This morning there was frost on the ground and I was so happy. We are taking steps in the right direction to Christmas Time!!! :) Bring on the snow!!!
Now, I have lots of pics of our Christmas decorations and trees (yes, plural). BUT, seeing as how today is the first of the jolliest month of the year, I have to devote this post to...
The Christmas Box.

When my brother and I moved out and started college, my mom started this tradition. She found these wooden boxes that had 24 little boxes within in. Each compartment can hold a small treasure. So each day, I wake up and have a present waiting for me from Momma Elf! It was such a wonderful thing at college, because it is hard to not be around family, especially that first year.

Now that we are older, I keep telling Mom, you don't have to do the boxes this year. Really. But she still does and i can't say I am upset about that:) As Matt and I have both gotten married, she has incorporated the box to be presents for both of us. But poor Philip doesnt get to open the box. I love it too much. Mom hopes one day for the Christmas Box to be for grandkids:) Which I know for a fact they will love as much as I do.
Jackson also gets to participate in the Christmas Countdown- Mom got him this fancy number, where each pocket holds a bone for him.
Happy December First to Everyone!!! :) :)

3 comments:

Crystal W. said...

Your mom is the best ever - I love her!

Blissfully Burton said...

fun! cant wait to see decor!

L.B. said...

love love love love
I am excited to see the decor as well.That is my project for the weekend.