Friday, December 23, 2011

lights and more baking :)

Last night Philip and I took our annual drive through our neighborhood. Hartland has a contest every year for 'best in show' 'judges trophy' and 'best door'. The competition is fierce. So it is a lot of fun driving around and looking at all of the displays. We stop at The Daily Grind, get hot chocolate and then look at lights while we listen to Christmas music. It didn't hold quite the same appeal as years past, since it was pouring rain out. But it was still nice nonetheless:) It's one of my favorite traditions. And to make the trek a little easier, they emailed out the winners and their addresses this year. Vito and the GPS were a huge hit this year:)
One of the "less classy" decorations. my heroes.
I didn't get called in to work today (yay!). which lead to some more baking. a Wilhoite classic: ranch oyster crackers. 
To make these tasty snacks you need:
16 oz oyster crackers
1 pkg ranch dressing mix
1/2t lemon pepper
1 1/2 t dill weed
1/2t garlic powder
3/4 c oil
Combine ranch mix and oil. add everything else except crackers. pour mixture over crackers in bowl, stirring to coat. place in over @ 300degrees for 20 minutes. so yummy

Another little craft I made this season was an ornament out of our wedding invitation. I have been struggling to find something to do with our invitation, and this was the perfect solution! Thank you Pinterest and Ali for making this possible:

the best is you can shake it to make different words show up better
Today marks our first Christmas celebration.  we celebrate Budde Christmas at my Aunt Ellen's. I am so excited:)


1 comment:

Blissfully Burton said...

fun! I've seen those wedding invitation ornaments EVERYWHERE!!