Sunday, November 13, 2011

maybe a little overboard

I love Christmas. not in the 'i look forward to it every year' or 'the season makes me happy' kind of way. More in the 'it is my absolute most favorite time of year I would put my tree up in September if my husband would let me' kind of way. I am almost obsessed with it. I love everything about it. I love getting to spend so much time with family (the most). I LOVE the snow. I love the Christmas lights. I love the music, the decorations, the traditions Philip and I have created, and the traditions my family carries on. LOVE.IT. you get the point.

That being said, my hubs wont let me put a single Christmas decoration out until after Thanksgiving. ::sigh::
However, I have managed to sneak a few things in. I am quite proud of myself for sliding these in under the radar:)
car freshener: Christmas Cookie. Yummy smells while I listen to MixMas.
Countdown ornament my Mom bought me. It can start as early as Oct 1!!!!
Towels on the stove. Philip bought them for me with the condition they didn't go out until post-Thanksgiving. I snuck them out this morning while he is sleeping:)
Jackson's Christmas Grinch. It is already missing the red scarf and the white ball on the hat. he is so rough!
My Countdown App on my phone. It sings Christmas music while it counts down the seconds until the big day. (its free, you should get it)
Last year we had a family Christmas party at our house, with both sides of our families. I wasn't sure if I would have another one or not, but several people asked me when it would be this year, so I decided I enjoyed it so much last year, we would make it an annual event! 
Soo looking forward to it! Family- don't forget to RSVP!
People at work call me Princess Noel. In our huddle each morning before work, I announce the days until Christmas. And when I make the assignment board, I put a little green Christmas tree with the days until Christmas inside the tree. 
I know, I know, it's not even Thanksgiving. I GET IT. I am keeping my Christmas Joy as bottled up as I can until I am given permission to let it explode. Come the day after Thanksgiving though, get ready. The Overall House is getting turned into The North Pole :)

1 comment:

L.B. said...

It is hard to wait for all of those things...how I always am able to make it is the great memories I have with Norman and Adine Budde and how fun Thanskgiving was..just can not skip over it..I look forward to seeing your tree photos once it is up!!