Saturday, January 29, 2011

LG

Last night we had our life group over for game night. It is a real rarity when the 8 of us can coordinate our schedules and get to spend time together. (usually due to Philip's or mine schedule:/). on the menu for the night was hanky panks (a Wilhoite staple), BLT dip (thank you Sarah!), veggie pizza, Meg's baked cheese dip, Jordan's pigs in a blanket, and Valentines Day cookies and brownies:) yummy.
Our LG at Philip's baptism (minus Nick B).

After we stuffed our faces, we played Partini. It is such a fun game. especially for big groups of people. megan even liked it, and that is tough to get her to like a game!!! we played boys against girls (we always split up that way). and it is debatable who won, but I am pretty sure it was us:) Maybe if Philip could have hummed as well as Brian & the Nicks, they could have won. maybe next time guys.

I can not tell you how much this group of people mean to me. These girls have been there for me through so much in my life over the years. We started a bible study years ago and the 4 of us have seen each other through so much heartache, celebrations, struggles and achievements. And last year we all got married so we evolved our bible study into a life group that included our husbands :) Soon the 4 of us are going to start back up our girls Bible Study. we all decided we needed that support and accountability that we used to have and have gotten away from lately. Personally I can not wait to get back into it with them.
It is so comforting knowing I have a group of people that I can turn to in any situation. that I can call or email with any problem or praise, and they are grieving or celebrating right along with me.

" For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them" Matthew 18:20
"A Friend loves at all times" Proverbs 17:17


1 comment:

Blissfully Burton said...

Yes, it was so fun! Thanks again for hosting! I realized last night when we were driving home that we didn't take pics - but I love the one you put up! :) PS-- I am SUCH a gamer now. I need to games in my house! haha