Monday, January 17, 2011

Workin on my Fitness

Last week I went with my friend Donielle to her gym. and when I left, i decided I had to join a gym, somewhere, to get me motivated. her gym was pretty cheap, but I need a gym that has classes. I like having the option to go to a class where someone tells me what to do and makes me do it for an hour. So I joined LAC. And I am proud to say I have worked out every day I have been off work since i joined! My friend Kelly and I did Zumba on Saturday morning. the class was packed! even a few guys were in there. and I really didn't know what to expect. but it was a full hour of jumping around, shaking your booty, throwing your arms around and basically  just trying to keep up with the instructor. at the beginning of the class she said " dont worry, noone is watching you" and I thought 'yeah right'. but the moves were so fast and changed so often, that she was right, you had no time to watch yourself let alone anyone else. It was a lot of fun, and a really good work out. I can't wait to go again.

Last night I did spinning (stationary bikes) with my friends Jordan and Alison. they are both in really good shape, I don't know what I was thinking trying to keep up with them. the room is lined with rows of bikes, but in a very small space. and one not-so-efficient fan. The instructor, who yelled so much it started to scare me, had us do these reps where you went as hard and fast as you could for 20 seconds, rest for ten. 8 times in one set. and I pushed myself a little too hard. I thought I was going to overheat! but I took it down a notch and survived. next time I will get a bike directly in front of that fan. and those seats hurt your butt. Needless to say today at the gym, i didn't do any exercises that caused me to have to sit:)
I like working out with friends. a- it makes you go, even when you don't want to. b- it is so much more fun. c- you get to catch up AND burn calories. and after my work out, during my "cool down" phase, I plug my calories burned into MyFitnessPal ! that way I know how hard I need to work out to be able to eat what I want:) that's the real reason I work out anyway :)
I get guest passes to the gym for anyone who wants to join me!!!

No comments: