Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Lights Out

This morning when I went to leave for work, I went to the garage and the green light wasn't on on the garage door opener. I thought 'that's weird' and I pushed the button. well it did nothing. so i flipped the garage light on, and nothing. so I think 'great, my car is stuck in my garage and I can't get to work'. I called Philip, but he was busy already at work. So I then call my parents. at 620. but they are those kind of parents you can call at any time. Mom talked me through how to pull this string that unlocked the door and then I could manually pull it up. I pulled my car out, then  manually put it down. ugh. home-owning is such a pain sometimes.
My Dad, being the amazing hero that he is to me, headed up to my house to check things out. in the blizzard snow. down Golden Oak which is the worst street in Lexington, I'm convinced. He got here, and tested out the front porch lights. they didn't work. then the back porch lights. they didn't work either. so he knew that the breaker for the outside electricity was messed up. well then he went to the dog house ( I would have never thought to look there). and he checked out the heater we had installed for Jackson so that he wouldn't freeze in the cold weathers. * he used to have a warm bed in the house, that was nailed to the floor. but somehow jax managed to pull it out and shred it all over the yard.
The doghouse Philip built Jax. 



Well, sure enough, the wires were chewed through. Jackson must've chewed the wires and caused the outside electricity to go out. But he must have chewed them before today, and then when I plugged in the heater before I left, it caused the circuit to break. But all day I was a nervous wreck. I was so afraid Jax had been shocked. and I kept thinking about that Grey's Anatomy episode where the girl had been burned, and the resident didn't check her throat, and she died. and I got nervous jackson might be burned in his airway. Dad stayed and played with him for awhile, and that made me feel better. and I am so grateful he came up, or else the heater would have been plugged in all day. My nice neighbor came over and checked on him for me around 4 this afternoon. But Philip is at work until noon tomorrow and he is wanting so bad to be home with us tonight.
the chewed up wires


"sorry Mom"
I came home and he was fine and worn out from playing outside all day. In fact he is already passed out next to me on the couch. All is well in the Overall household. Thank you Dad!!!

3 comments:

Kari June said...

Oh my goodness!!! I had no clue you went through this today, haha :)!

Kari said...

That is crazy! It makes for a great story :)

Jase said...

Dad to the rescue! Glad everything turned out ok!