Tuesday, January 11, 2011

50 things about me, from 2008

Today is a call day for me. Meaning that from 7am-7pm I am "on call" and if work needs me to come in, I have 30 minutes to get there. I hate being on call because it never fails if you make plans, you get called in. If you stay at home and are ready to go in, they don't call you. But it forces me to stay home and get stuff done. Like cleaning, laundry, etc. or be lazy. :)
and it also gives me time to piddle. today I was going through old emails from Philip and I found an email in October of 2008. I made of list of '50 random things about me' and then he did the same in return. I wont share his because he might not appreciate it, but I am going to share mine. because i like reading back on things I said about myself. and what things are still true and what have changed. and I love random things about people that some people don't know. so feel free to share your randomness with me:)

50 things about me

I am a natural blonde.
I have had a blanket for 24 years and I have a habit of smelling it.
I make snap judgments, but they are usually right.
I am not good at taking advice but love to give it.
I laugh easily and loud and love every second of it.
I appreciate wittiness and love a good battle of wits.
I love chicken pad thai and treat myself to it when I feel I deserve it.
Christmas is my favorite holiday for many reasons.
I have loved and been loved, but not as often as I should have.
Certain things almost cripple me with compassion.
My family means more to me than anything on this earth.
You have to learn how to be happy with yourself before you can make someone else
happy.
I am a very loyal friend and expect the same in return.
I desire to love recklessly, but can't seem to get there.
If I could go back, I would do things differently.
Holding grudges doesn't do anyone any good.
I firmly believe the answer to life is love.
I dont have a good sense of direction but am trying to get better.
I have 4 holes in my left ear and 2 in my right.
I have had the perfect tangible example of unconditional love.
The thought of heaven mystifies and overwhelms me at the same time.
Money stresses me out. I wish we had a system where we didn't need it.
I have learned that some wounds never fully heal.
There is definitely something to be said about a good romance novel.
I don't like to shop.
I appreciate someone who can explain things to me without getting frustrated.
Being late is my biggest pet peeve.
I have a serious internal debate every time I see a hitchhiker.
I make math problems out of time.
My heart wins over my head, hands down.
I am the biggest Daddy's girl you will ever meet.
I understand that sometimes you just need to be alone.
I would like to go to Paris one day.
Getting to know me is harder than it should be.
I am working on putting others before me.
Some would say I am stubborn.
I don't take many risks in life, but wish I did.
I have learned to love a nice cold beer.
People will remember the way you made them feel.
Camo shorts do it for me. Seriously.
I don't know what I would do without my agenda.
Confidence in yourself is a necessity to survival.
I would do anything for someone I love.
There is a mole that hides itself in my left eyebrow.
I live by myself and enjoy it.
Seeing someone in a mask physically paralyses me on the inside.
The creator of sweatpants could be the smartest person ever.
Killing a living person is never the right answer.
Worrying seems to be one of my favorite past times.
Watching a baby being born could be one of the most moving things I've seen.
I am trying to become the woman God made me to be.
This is a picture of us from October 2008 at Hall's on the River with friends:)

3 comments:

Blissfully Burton said...

? I thought this was your FB Note back in the day? I remember it! Thats fun you sent it to P.

amanda said...

actually it started out to Philip and then I put it on myspace:)

Blogger said...

Invest in Ripple on eToro the World’s Top Social Trading Network...

Join millions who have already found smarter methods for investing in Ripple.

Learn from established eToro traders or copy their trades automatically!