Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Chicken Spaghetti

One of my NY resolutions was to cook more when Philip is home. I've done pretty good so far! Megan gives me new recipes and my family gave me a cookbook of family recipes as a wedding present, so I am still trying out a lot of those too.
One of my friends at work gave me a recipe for chicken spaghetti, and it is one of our favorite meals!!! it is so easy. this recipe makes a LOT, so sometimes I do the full amount to have leftovers, sometimes I cut it in half.
This recipe is easy to modify- you can use less Velveeta, less of either soups, more or less Rotel, etc depending on what you like.
to make it:
cook 1lb chicken breast in boiling water (add spices you like while cooking; salt,pepper,oregano), drain and shred chicken.
cook spaghetti noodles ( can use same water with added spices as cooked chicken)
combine 1lb Velveeta cheese, chicken and noodles. mix well over heat.
add 1 can cream mushroom soup,1 can cream of chicken soup, and 1 can of Rotel.
add vegetables. i use frozen peas and chopped onions.

I hope you try it and love it as much as we do!!!

No comments: