Wednesday, January 5, 2011

MyFitnessPal

Last year when I wanted to lose weight for the wedding, one of my friends at work told me about an app called 'My Fitness Pal'. I downloaded it (for free of course). and LOVE IT. I used it every day for my wedding diet and lost at least ten pounds. The beginning of my decline was the all inclusive honeymoon. I mean, how can you not eat constantly when A) its free and B) its sooo good. So that started my 'i'm-married-I-don't-care-about-dieting" mentality. Now, 8 months later, I am back on the wagon. I am back to using My Fitness Pal every day. You input your weight, how much you want to lose per week, and how active you are every day. It gives you your allotted number of calories per day. and if you work out, you get more calories. its so easy. Everything that goes in my mouth gets recorded in my daily diary. And once I put one item in, it saves it so I can add it again the next morning ( like coffee with creamer, oatmeal, things I eat every day).

The best part is that you can type in something like 'Panera soup' and all soups come up. You pick the one you ate, and it adds those calories into your daily diary. it has all restaurants nutritional info, so it is so easy to calculate anything.
I introduced my mom to this. She downloaded it and we discovered we can 'be friends' through it. So every day, it tells me if mom went over or under on her calories. it creates a mini-feed of our activity, calories, and weight. So it forces me to be accountable. Aunt Ellen downloaded it today too:)
You should try it out, even if you don't want to lose weight, its a great way to make you aware of everything you eat and how healthy it is for you :)

3 comments:

Jase said...

I will have to get this on my iPod Touch since no fancy iPhone for me! Sounds great tho!

Robert Glenn Smith said...

So, how much do you weigh???

amanda said...

get real ROBERT!