Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!!!

2010 is going to be a tough year to top. We had such a wonderful and blessed year, that I can only dream of having a better one in 2011. on this day two years ago about this same time, Philip told me he loved me for the first time:) THAT was a good start to 2009 ! Last year, I worked New Years Day. Taking care of drunk people sobering up and wondering where their clothes are, is NOT a good start to a new year:) This year we went to dinner with good friends and then just hung out till the ball dropped (but we never saw the ball drop!). It was low key which I loved. Good start to 2011:)
Usually my Grandma W has us 'celebrate' New Year's sometime around the 1st at her house. She gets lime sherbert and sprite and lets us use them to fill her nice drinking glasses. She pulls out a banner from her 1950 dot-matrix printer that says 'Happy New Year' with the numbers changed each year. And she makes each of us say our resolution. We didn't do that this year (I'm sure all the boys were so upset). But I havent gotten to really state what my resolutions are. so here goes:
 
First of all, I want  my whole year to focus on this scripture. Sort of my mantra for 2011.
John 3:30 " He must become greater, I must become less".
I want to contemplate, pray and live this. every day. no exceptions or cheating on this one. The others I am sure will be bent and forgiven on special occasions. But I hope to never break this resolution. and to make it at the forefront of each thought and action.
 Now:
--Lose weight. I am officially back on my wedding diet. no sweets. count calories. exercise. I got to get in a bathing suit in March and let me just tell you that it's true you gain weight when you get married:)
--Immerse myself in God's Word. The girls in my life group used to do a bible study every 2 weeks. and I miss that. I miss having the accountability to answer hard questions and to read your Bible. So I am in search of a good study. suggestions welcome:)
-- Cook when Philip is home.
-- Cut out gossiping. I am so bad at this. and whats worse is I don't even realize it. Noone enjoys being around someone who talks about everyone. Because lets be honest, you know they end up talking about you.

I could make more, but the more I make the harder it is for me to keep them. So those are the ones I committed to.
Please keep Philip and I in your prayers this month. It's going to be rough (he's on his trauma rotation). For me especially because I require quality time. and I go through a lot of emotions during months like this and sometimes make things not as easy as maybe they should be.
Hope 2011 is a year of happiness love and blessings for each one of you:)

No comments: