Sunday, January 16, 2011

Baby Brayden

Yesterday I helped throw a shower for my friend Erin. Conveniently the shower was at my neighbor's house:) It made transporting food (and parking) much easier on everyone:)

Erin is having a baby boy. She is due in February, but he will come before his due date, we are all pretty sure about it. He will be named Brayden Harrison Stearley. i love that name. and he is going to going love his Aunt Amanda. despite what Erin's husband Seth says. (he likes to pick on me)
I am so excited for Erin and Seth to become parents. They are going to be great at it. Erin is a natural nurturing person and Brayden is going to be one lucky baby to have a momma like that. Seth on the other hand...:) just kidding. He is going to be a great dad who Brayden is going to adore. I can't wait!!!!!
Here are some fun pictures from yesterday.


we played the smelly diaper game (melted candy bars, NOT poo)


My friend Megan made my present for Erin. It was a diaper cake. which confused some people, they thought I was making a real cake (which I thought too when I first heard of diaper cakes). It turned out SO good. you can find more of Megan's crafty stuff HERE

After the shower I got to hang out with Erin, Jessie and Hunter and just talk. And that was my favorite part of the whole day. I love them all very much. and its fun for me to hear about being pregnant. and what it does to you mentally, emotionally and physically. well, "fun" might not be the right word. But I like hearing about it. and I am glad Erin talks to me about it.
We can't wait to meet you Brayden!!!

1 comment:

Blissfully Burton said...

Love the shower pics! The polka dot balloons are too cute! Thanks for the shout-out on the diaper cake! I hope she liked it!