Sunday, December 19, 2010

RIP Burt

Many of you don't know that we have, well, had:( a third pet. His name was Burt. He was a beautiful Betta fish. He was the centerpiece at Megan and Brians rehearsal dinner. B's mom let me take him home, bowl and all. So I named him Burt for their new last name: Burton. And he happily swam around for 8 months. I loved him because he matched our kitchen. Philip never liked him. which i dont understand, how can you not like a fish. they dont do anything. of course it might have something to do with the fact that when we took him home from the dinner, philip had the bowl in his lap and when I hit a speed bump all of the water came out and landed in his lap. not a good start to Burt's time with us. anyway- someone else did  love him too- Maya. We would catch her all the time sitting next to the bowl. if she was feeling frisky she would dip her paw in there. but she doesnt have claws so she couldnt get him. or I didnt think she could. and I'm not sure she is to blame for the death of Burt. But yesterday morning when i was making my lunch for work she was very enthralled with Burt and I couldnt keep her away from his bowl. Philip texted me at work and said " Burt isn't doing very well, he is sunk to the bottom". i told him fish float when they die, not sink. and he said ' if you say so'. well then i found this ( read the last one) :

and so I knew that Burt had passed. poor little guy. I was actually sad about it. So Philip was so sweet to take care of everything before I got home from work. I didn't have to flush him, which made me happy. And my friend Jordan said we can have a funeral for him. I hope to get a new one at some point.
Burt.

me fishing Burt out to take him home.
I am off today and my dad and I are going on our annual 'christmas shopping for Mom' trip today. He needs stocking stuffers. I love these shopping trips:) I know I always say I want to have boys, but families need daughters for things just like this. so maybe we could have a girl. just one though. :)

6 days till Christmas!!!

No comments: