Thursday, December 9, 2010

fun filled couple of days

Finally a minute to sit down and relax:) I have worked the past 3 days. A work day for me entails waking up at 530, working from 7am-730pm, coming home, taking a bath and going to bed. Especially if I work 3 days in a row, it just wears me out.   So this morning I got to sleep in (well, "sleep in" for me). I made new coffee my mom got me in my Christmas box (Ghiradelli's chocolate peppermint) and planned my day. I should probably mention i LOVE planning. I don't leave the house without my agenda. or a list. I usually always have a list. So this morning I planned my day (clean, cook). and then made my grocery list. or lists. I made one list for tonight. I am hosting Book Club at my house tonight, and am making chicken tortilla soup and grilled cheese. Then I made one for tomorrow. Tomorrow night I am having our family Christmas Party at our house. I am so excited to get to see so many of my friends and family in the next two days.

For book club this month I chose the book "On Strike for Christmas" by Sheila Roberts. I enjoyed it. It was about a group of women who decided for Christmas this year they would let the men take over ALL the tasks that the season entails. Each husband took a different approach; I thought it was a cute read. The movie also came on LMN Sunday night, so those of my friends that don't like to read got to get up to speed. Don't think we are super philosophical and sit around and dissect and discuss our monthly choice of books. Sometimes we never talk about the book. Its really just an excuse for a bunch of us girls that went to college together to eat, drink and see each other. So not only do I get help picking out great books every month, but I have an excuse to see my friends at least once a month. Which I love.

For those who know me well, you know what a big deal family is to me. I LOVE family get togethers and have serious depression if I have to miss out on one. So I am so excited to have both sides of our family coming over tomorrow night. I hope my cousins behave :)

No comments: