Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Ramblings

I am done with work until Dec 28! I am so happy with the way my schedule worked out this year. Because not only do I have 5 days off, but Philip does too. Last year we saw each other for a few hours on Christmas and he was exhausted after working a 30 hour shift. This year will be much happier:) Friday and Saturday are going to be a whirlwind of going from one place to the next. but in a good way. It is our first 'married Christmas' so organizing schedules was a little stressful at first, but it all worked out so well. And I can't wait to celebrate Christmas with each family. 
Tonight we are going to my Grandma Budde's for dinner. Uncle Steve and Aunt Teri and their kids are in from TX. Uncle Neil and his wife Dale are in from FL. So Grandma is making us a big dinner and we are going to do our stockings from Santa (akaGrandma) tonight. 
Tomorrow morning Aunt Annie is having her annual Christmas Eve brunch. It is the best food I eat all year. I love breakfast food. especially made by Aunt Annie:) And I am so excited Philip gets to come for the first time. After that we are going to Aunt Ellen's to celebrate Christmas with the Budde's. I am hoping that Aunt Ellen doesn't take the tree down after we leave, as she has a habit of doing that. I will do my best to convince her to keep it up until at least after Christmas. It devastates she that she does that :) Tomorrow night we are going to Joy's to have Christmas with her. Philip said Joy likes shopping for me because she has never gotten to shop for a daughter before:) 
Christmas morning is my favorite time of Christmas. We are going to Mom and Dad's and Matt and Rachel are meeting us there. Mom will make yummy breakfast foods and we will open our stockings. Then we take turn opening presents. Usually Matt and I spend the night there Christmas Eve and then I wake everyone up Christmas morning. This year will be a little different, but it means that Philip and Rachel will get to be there to celebrate and so its worth it:) I am especially excited about giving Mom and Dad their Christmas present (you will find out in 2 days what it is!). Tomorrow afternoon we are going to be with Dana and Brian. I am sure it will involve toys of some sort, as it usually does:) Then tomorrow night we are going to Grandma Wilhoites. This year we decided to play white elephant among the Wilhoites. and it has caused some stress. My brother had trouble figuring out what to wrap up. Philip wrapped up something of mine (that I actually really like but he HATES). I wrapped up some stuff of his (duplicate stuff we got for wedding presents). so my plan is to 'steal' back my item he is trying to get rid of. HA! I am anxious to see how this game goes. Because those who know my family, know that it won't be simple. and people will try to make up their own rules. and JC will inevitably mess with the organization. I am laughing just thinking about how this is going to go. 
I am filled with such joy and happiness thinking about the next few days. It fills my heart up to be around family. and it gives me peace when we are all together. I hope every one of you who reads this (all 3 of you!) has a wonderful Christmas. That you get to spend time with those who mean the most to you. and that you get time to reflect on the birth of Jesus. and how that little baby became a man who changed everything. 
Merry Christmas :)

1 comment:

Melody said...

Amanda and Philip have a wonderful time together and with your families! What a cherished time to spend...your first Christmas together as a married couple. Grandma and Papa are here for their first Christmas in CA, I am trying to make it special for them. We are having friends over on separate evenings so they can enjoy the company and not get too tired. All is peaceful and wonderful with the Christmas Spirit, Love to you both, Melody and sleepy head Curtis.