Friday, April 29, 2011

Philip's birthday

Yesterday my sweet husband turned 28. It is his golden birthday (28 on the 28th). So i tried to make it really special for him. as I posted here, i LOVE birthdays. I love making a day all about that person and celebrating their presence on this earth. I know birthdays arent a big deal to some people, but they are to me.
He had to go in for conference from 7-12 that morning. So i got up early (earlier than i get up on a work day!) to make him a breakfast casserole before he had to leave for work. We ate together and he went on to work. I, took a little nap on the couch:) He was home by noon and we got to spend the afternoon together.
That night we had his friends over for a cookout. matt, michelle &natalie, ryan&kim, Jeff and Dugan all came over. And the sun was shining for once! It made it nice to grill out:)
On the menu was hamburgers, hot dogs, grilled corn on the cob (thanks Rach!), cottage cheese macaroni bake (thanks meg!), fruit made my Kim, and fruit dip that we coined "crack dip" because it is so addicting (thank you Aunt Annie!). For dessert was Philip's traditional birthday cake that I talked about here. We were all so stuffed that we sat around our dining table and talked for a long time- none of us wanted to move!
We had so much fun seeing everyone and getting to play with little natalie. she is getting so big and playful, and holding her is so sweet. Philip and I just passed her back and forth:) Even jackson did well with her!
His birthday celebration will continue as Sunday we go to his Mom's to celebrate, and Wednesday night my family is taking him to dinner. I love spreading out the birthday celebrations:)
to my wonderful husband: I hope you had a wonderful birthday. you deserve it. :)

1 comment:

Blissfully Burton said...

Sounds like you all had a great time! :)