Sunday, May 8, 2011

Momma

Today is Mother's Day. and I like to think that I show my mom how much I love and appreciate her often. but I do like that she has a day that is devoted to celebrating her being a mom. because there are only two of us in this world that can call her that. (well I guess Philip and Rachel could technically call her that too, but you know what I mean).
Now that I am 'older', i look at my  mom in a completely different light. I look at her and wonder how she did it all. How she raised me and Matt the way that she did. How she managed to go to work, get dinner on the table, spend time with us, take us to sports, cheer us on, clean, laundry, the list could go on. I think back on my childhood and know that is exactly what I want for my kids. To have parents like i have. who love each other and love God and love us so much. God blessed (well, blesses) me so much with my mom. She constantly shows me how to put others first. she is all the time doing something for someone else. She is always there to encourage me, pray for me, or just listen to me. I can only pray that one day I will be able to be what she has been to me :)

On another note: I would like to say happy mommy-to-be to my friends & cousin that are expecting! There is about to be a baby boom in our group of friends and I am so excited for it:) Crystal is expecting a little girl, and it makes me so happy! we need more girls in the Wilhoite family to balance out all the testosterone:)
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms, grandmas, aunts and mommy's-to-be:)

No comments: