Tuesday, April 12, 2011

April

April is such a fun month for us. Which is funny because I have never really loved this month. But I sure do now:)
April 28 is Philip's birthday. ( i used to remember this by thinking 4x2=8. i make math problems out of everything). here is a picture of his first birthday with me:
yes I am making this cake again this year, upon request:)
he was still getting used to me making him hold things up and smile for pictures
Last year we celebrated his 27th bday in the Mayan Riviera:) tough to top that one. but his present was this little rat.
jackson right after his eyes opened
This year we both have his birthday off and I have such a fun plan day planned! :) I am so excited to celebrate.
 April also means our wedding month!! Yes, it rained on our wedding day (dumb April showers). but really it was still wonderful :) it still managed to be the most special day of our lives. we will celebrate one year on the 24th.

Our anniversary falls on Easter this year. Which is neat to me too, because Philip got baptized on Easter last year. So that 'anniversary' is definitely something to celebrate too. (I also got baptized on an Easter Sunday)
Our life group after Philip froze in the pond (minus nickb)
We are going to get to go to the Gorge with our friends Ryan and Kim the weekend of our anniversary. We are so excited to climb and camp and just hang out. and eat miguels. yummmmm.
I also have lots of friends birthdays this month, and i love celebrating birthdays!! Happy birthday month to Ann, Grandma B, Megan, Emily, kevin B, and my childhood cat Cookie.
So April has turned into one of my favorite months (aside from December). I look forward to many more fun Aprils to come:)

1 comment:

Blissfully Burton said...

thanks for the birthday shout-out :)
I LOVE April! The beginning of Spring, the hope of summer, the pretty flowers!! Almost your one-year anni!! YAY! And Philip and I are ALMOST as OLD as you are! HAHA

Megan @ www.theburtonsspot.blogspot.com