Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Maya!!


Everyone who knows me, knows I love birthdays. I make a big deal out of everyone's birthday. everyone's. So some people may think I am crazy for celebrating for my cats birthday. but you know what, I don't really care. because I like it. and I like feeling like I make someone/somecat feel special on their special day.
So, last night when Maya curled up in my arm while I was sleeping, i didn't push her out of bed. I let her sleep there. because today is her birthday.
We got this in the mail from PetSmart this week:
She gets a free toy from PetSmart! Philip and I had lots of errands to run today, so we added PetSmart to our list. While we were getting ready for the day, we put Jackson outside so Maya could play with one of her favorite toys. It is a mouse with catnip inside, that squeaks when you tap on it (thank you Bruce!!!). she LOVES it. but jackson will eat it, so she can't play with it unless he is outside.
all through the house you could hear 'squeaksqueak'

Philip and I had such a wonderful day today. We did some shopping (all stuff on sale!), went to PetSmart, Sam's Club and had a lunch date. it was wonderful. I love days like this.
Maya's birthday treats. the ball has the same mouse in it, but we thought Jax might not get to it as easily!
Maya has already devoured her shrimp and tuna mix. it was her first seafood experience, because her mom can't stand the smell of fish. Philip gave it to her:)
And because we try to be fair in this house, Jax got a little present too:

Happy First Birthday to our cat Maya:) We brought her home a few days after we got back from our honeymoon. and we named her after the Mayan Riviera, where we had just been:)

2 comments:

Blissfully Burton said...

You do love celebrating your family birthdays!
PS- I like your new design!

Unknown said...

Where is Maya's birthday hat??