Thursday, April 14, 2011

Happy Day

What a fun and productive for me today!
The day started with my dad coming up to remove the dead tree in our front yard. last spring it had a few buds, but that was it. this spring, nothing. more than once we have had people stop by our house or put a flyer on our door telling us they will remove our tree. yes we know, the tree is ugly and needs to be gone. so my dad volunteered. he's so good like that.
this morning he wrapped the tree in a chain, attached it to his truck, and pulled it up. then he cut the wood up and loaded it into his truck. Goodbye tree. It always makes my day better when i get to see my dad. :)

our treeless front yard, and one loaded up truck
After he left I jumped in the shower and got ready so I could meet my friend Erin for lunch. We went to Josie's, which my friend Whitney introduced me to. and i love it. if you live in Lexington and haven't been there, go. she brought baby Brayden and I got to love on him while I caught up with her. it was wonderful.
Philip got home around 1, so I got to catch up with him over his lunch. While he napped I sat in the sunshine and read 'the girl who kicked the hornet's nest'. I am so into this series. if you haven't read them, i recommend them. (yes it is tough to get into the first one, but push through- it's worth it!) I woke him up and we went to the Wellington Dog Park. A bunch of people from the ER were having a 'doggy's day out' and we all met there and let our dogs play. It was Jackson's first dog park experience. and he LOVED it. he made so many friends and got to just play.


Tonight we got to have dinner on Merrick patio with our friends Megan and Brian. We rarely get a night where we can just hang out and catch up with them. we can't wait until our schedule's calm down and we can do it more often!
And to make the day even better, I got all our laundry done and was able to get the downstairs cleaned today. What a happy day:) :) Hope you all had a good day as well!

2 comments:

Blissfully Burton said...

you had a productive day! now, would you like to come to our laundry?! :)

Kari said...

Yay for Spring in KY! Spring in Chicago blows. Yesterday I woke up to snow on cars and a temperature of 33 degrees. Stephen lovingly told me it was 72 and sunny in Louisville...I was instantly jealous! I'm glad you were able to have a great, productive day!