Monday, April 4, 2011

Boston & a bird

The residency director told Philip and Marshall (the academic chief) that he is going to be sending them to Boston for a conference in June. Then he added ' you can both bring your spouses if you like'. yes please!!!
Lucky for me, the beginning of that week is memorial day weekend, and that Monday is one of my assigned summer holidays. so i was able to ask my manager if I could work that Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and be off the rest of that week (people who have off a holiday generally don't want to work the day before or the day after, so that worked out to my advantage). So I don't have to take any vacation days to go on this trip!
I immediately called my good-friend-since-elementary-school Corey. she lives in Boston and is working as a CRNA. i told her to get her party boots on, i was comin to town!
corey and I
Marshall's wife is also a nurse and has been able to get off those days as well, so I will have her to play with while the boys are at seminars and what not.
We looked up the Red Sox schedule and they have 4 games in the days we are there. How exciting!!!
now, THE BIRD.
This morning I was sitting on the couch catching up on the facebook world. I decided it was nice out, and I would open the windows. So I am sitting here playing on my computer while my husband sleeps peacefully upstairs, and the wind is making a nice breeze in the house. I hear this rustling noise and I think its Philip waking up. I hear it again, but this time I see a big black bird flying at my head. I scream. i mean, SCREAM. Philip jumps out of bed and races down the stairs. I mean he probably thought I had a gun pointed to my head the way I was acting. I throw the blanket over my head and yell that there is a bird in the house. he tells me to calm down. ( i overreact sometimes). The bird tried to fly up the stairs and Maya (our cat) jumps at it and grabs it! she knocks it down and Philip opens the front door and out the bird goes!!! I came out from under the blanket. birds,ewwww. Jackson sat on the couch the whole time. way to protect me Jax. I went over to the window and slammed it shut. I realized that was the window that Jackson had broken the screen out of. oops.
So my husband is attempting to get a few more hours of sleep before he goes into work. since his crazy wife scared the devil out of him.
Hope you all have just as much of an exciting Monday:)
 
wishing we were here right now...

3 comments:

Blissfully Burton said...

1-I had no idea you were going to Boston! You are so lucky! I've been wanting to go there for a while!
2-I HATE birds! Eww!! You need to get some screens on those windows!

Whitney said...

I love your life! Never a dull moment!! The bird thing is terrible. One got into my kitchen lights at my old apartment. I called the maintaince guys and I hide in the other room while they got the bird out!

Whitney B said...

Remember the bird in the bathroom cabinet at Merrick!!!! EWWWW!!!!