Saturday, April 23, 2011

rainy day:)


Yesterday we were supposed to go to the Gorge with our friends Ryan and Kim. But it was raining when we woke up, and the forecast called for rain most the evening. So we decided to go to Newport Aquarium and then have dinner at the Hofbrauhaus. And we had so.much.fun.
The aquarium was amazing. we spent hours looking at different wildlife and having fun. It was the first time all of us (except Philip) had been. and he went so long ago he didn't really remember it.
it was Sweet Pea's birthday! (one of the sharks)

crabs. ew.

Ryan feeding the birds with nectar. me being grossed out.


2 finger touch

making the sign for shark in scuba language. 


My favorite was the penguins and I didn't even get a picture of them! I think i was so enthralled by them that I was too distracted. actually, no. I didnt have the camera. Philip was off trying to take underwater pictures of the sharks. :)
When we left the aquarium it was pouring. But we were all soo hungry. so we took off running through the rain to get to dinner.

The food there was amazing. I was a little leery about 'German' food, but LOVED it. i mean, what is there not to love about bratwursts and fried food!:) We topped the night off with Orange Leaf on the way home. Have I mentioned how much i love that place? Then we had a sleep over followed by some yummy breakfast this morning. I love it when Philip is off and we get to do normal couple things:)

1 comment:

Blissfully Burton said...

Newport Aquarium is my favorite!!!