Saturday, September 1, 2012

Gender Reveal

It is 8am on my 30th birthday, my husband is still sleeping, and I already feel like I have had the best birthday ever. 

Let's rewind to a little over a month ago. Philip and I both have been dying to find out what little bean is. Our actual doctor appointment isn't until we are 19 weeks. There are baby imaging places in Lexington that will do an 'early gender' ultrasound at 16 weeks. So we decided what better way to start my birthday weekend, than to find out what we are having! so we made an appointment at Baby Belly Spa for Aug 31. we didn't tell anyone, because we wanted to surprise them on my birthday weekend. and also because we were afraid you wouldn't be able to tell and didn't want people (or us) to be disappointed. so we started a baby countdown. 

I couldn't sleep Thursday night. (well, worse than lately for me). Friday morning I chugged the OJ, ate a Pop Tart and even had Diet Coke (which I rarely drink). I was determined to get baby moving so we could see what it was! 

We got there and in less than 5 minutes of me sitting on table, she said 'it's a girl!'. Philip said he wasn't surprised and could tell as soon as she put the wand on my belly, before she even said the words. She continued to do more shots and show us more parts of our baby girl. All the while Philip and I held hands and stared in awe at this small human growing in my belly. I mean, how can you see that and not believe there is a God? a wonderful, amazing creator who has woven this baby into existence. so amazing. 
her profile. 
her two little feet
just chillin'. legs stretched out, arm around her head. :)

Seeing her all sprawled out in here, I turned to Philip and said 'well that explains these muscle pains!'. 

We went outside, took a quick pic to send to a few close friends, and then headed to Meijer to make copies of the ultrasound pics and pick up some Mounds Bars:) 
ribbons and bows in the Overall House! 
get it?!:)
I had these waiting in car to give to our parents. 
at meijer printing pics

From there we headed to Josie's for my annual birthday lunch with my parents. They had no idea and were a bit confused I think when they opened their presents :) But they were both so happy, and Dad (who thought we were having a boy and named him Barney) coined her new name Barnette:) Mom is excited she has a color now for her knitting! :) 

We spent the rest of the day driving around. We went to see Philip's Dad, then his Mom, then to pick up our reveal cupcakes for my birthday dinner with our life group. His Dad said he always knew we were having a girl. His Mom is excited to start shopping:) 

Last night at my bday dinner at Guisseppi's- we brought cupcakes (nothing out of the ordinary). When we brought the cupcakes out, we told our friends that we had a surprise. That they would have to eat either cupcake to find out what we were having!!! 

Meg tore into hers- she was too excited to eat like a lady ;)
Thank you Trish at BabyCakes! 
It was such a fun, exciting day for us. We came home last night and Philip had celebration champagne. He dipped his finger in and i had a taste. and he let Jackson and maya have a taste too. the pet babies are excited to have a sister:)

It is so crazy to me that we are having a GIRL. that we are going to have a DAUGHTER. all my life, I have always thought I would have boys. I grew up with boys- it just seemed natural I would raise them. I know what to do with boys. Girls are a whole new ball game! I have to switch gears and change my frame of mind, that's all:)  As my best friend whitney said 'what are we going to do with a girl?!?!! I have been preparing for a boy!!' haha. 
 I am not disappointed in the least, we are both crazy excited about having pink, and ruffles and Barbies in the house. But I'm not going to lie and say i'm not a little nervous about it. Philip I know will be an amazing Dad to this little girl. I see him with this little pink bundle and tear up just thinking about it. I can't wait to see him with her. 

So, happy best birthday to me. as my grandma texted me this morning "Enjoy your last birthday as a princess. next year there will a new princess in the family". And I can not wait for her to get here!!! :)

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday & congrats!!! I'm so excited for you & Philip:) you will both be wonderful parents & your daughter is so blessed already. Jamie

L.B. said...

First HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Second how exciting: baby girls are such a wonderful thing (even when they are drama queens at age 6!!)

You guys are super blessed.

Cynthia Bruno said...

Love the post and congrats! No matter what the gender you will be a great Mommy!