Friday, September 14, 2012

19 weeks!!

This week was a fun week for us. We had our first appointment at Dr Karon's office at St Joe East. We didn't get to meet Dr Karon, but the PA, Paula, was wonderful. So was the ultrasound tech, the nurses and office staff. A nice change from where we were going;) They were going to schedule me with Dr Karon next month, but it is my glucose test and I can't eat after midnight. I told them that meant I would show up puking, so they decided to let me meet Dr Karon in November:) 

We got to see Baby Ainsley (yes, it's official!) in 3D and it was so amazing! They couldn't get her to turn her head so we could see her face. The ultrasound tech said she was stubborn, which philip told her that he knew where she got that from;) I said she is just comfortable. 
look how tiny that arm is! 
We did get to see her spine though, and it looked perfect. And while she is still tiny and it was hard to tell, we are almost positive we saw 4 chambers of her heart. When we saw that, Philip let out a huge sigh of relief I had no idea he was holding. Apparently he has been worried about that, but didn't tell me. Next appointment is our anatomy scan, where they do an in depth ultrasound and measure different parts of her. That will rule out almost 75% of birth defects. I am very excited for this one:) and I hope she turns her face so we can see it a little better:) 

size: baby is now 10 inches in length, weight about 1/2 a pound! My app still says that she is as big as a mango, with longer legs:) 

what's going on with me: this week was not good as far as sickness goes. Let's just say I am not going to eat at Johnny Carino's for a long time. I was sick alll night and thanks to awesome managers was able to come in to my 12 hour shift 3 hours later the next day, so I could get some sleep. I am trying to not give in to laying around with a cold washcloth on my face, but some hours it's all i can do:) 

However, it is so worth it, because this week... we have movement!!! I started feeling what I thought was Ainsley at the beginning of the week, but told Philip I thought my stomach was just being crazy. But the more consistent these little flutters got, I have realized it is her moving around inside me! It is such an amazing feeling! right now it's mostly when I lay down or have just eaten. and it's nothing obvious, but definitely our little girl! I think Philip is more excited than I am:) I can't wait until he can feel her too. 
thanks Joy!:)
what's going on with baby: This week she is capable of swallowing and digesting. She is starting to digest amniotic fluid and make urine. Right now, her uterus if fully formed, and she has 7 MILLION primitive eggs in her ovaries. so crazy! We counted her fingers on each hand this week and she has all ten of them:) Each one now has her own unique fingerprint. She can also frown and smile, which I am doing my best to keep her smiling:)

It is always so reassuring to get to see our baby on an ultrasound. And so surreal to see her moving around in there, with tiny arms and tiny legs and tiny littler fingers. I still can't believe she is inside of me, and once again, am in awe of God's amazing craftsmanship. 

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Love the name:) So sorry you aren't feeling well..hopefully that will subside soon! Enjoy those little flutters and its the most exciting to see daddy's face when he first feels them too!