Friday, August 31, 2012

17 weeks

17 weeks!!!

Week 16 was pretty similar to week 15 as far as sickness goes. I still spent good quality time hugging the toilet at work and at home. Coworkers and patients have been great to me. It is so ironic having your sick patient asking you if you're ok. :) However sickness is not as much as it has been. Nausea seems to be constantly lingering, but I am also trying only to take medicine before I go to bed. Overall I am just so thankful we have made it this far with baby being healthy and growing.

size: Baby O is now as big as a sweet potato! measuring 5.5 inches and 5 ounces. Aunt Ellen looked ahead and said next week's piece of food is her favorite. I am excited to see what it is! 
 what's going on in my body: my uterus is the size of a cantaloupe. and boy can I feel it. I have been having muscular pain from my abdominal muscles stretching. It was alarming and a little scary at first, but the heart beat was still strong, so I am trying not to worry as much. I can handle the pain and discomfort as long as I know bean is ok in there! I had a somewhat emotional day this week and apologized to poor Philip, but it is scary when your body is changing and hurting in ways you don't understand. I just want someone to tell me it's all normal, because my first thought is always the worst case scenario. So add hormones to the list of growing things :) We also watched Hunger Games this week (obvi I had seen it but philip had not). within the first 15 minutes I was sobbing uncontrollably. Philip was like 'um did you do this in the theater?'. no, i did not. i'm a mess. 

what's going on with baby:  baby weighs about as much as a boneless chicken breast. This week he/she has mastered the art of yawning. But from the ultrasound last week i'm not convinced baby ever sleeps! I am anxiously awaiting getting to feel the baby move for the first time. People keep telling me I will probably think its gas the first couple of times I feel it. I think that's funny. Baby's nervous system is developing rapidly. My app says baby can now hiccup, but we knew that from the ultrasound last week. cutest hiccups ever! :)

cravings this week: french fries. I only let myself have them twice, ok three :), but I could've had them way more.

* stay tuned for the next post-- it's an exciting one:) * 

No comments: