Friday, September 21, 2012

20 weeks!

We are halfway there!!! 
and what a way to ring in the last week of the first half- at the Bahamas! (more to come on vacation soon) 
Ainsley is moving around a lot more this week. laying at the pool and on the beach gave me the chance to just relax and feel her moving around. it is such an amazing feeling:) and here's the best news...
i wasn't sick once on vacation!!!  could this be the ending of the constant sickness?? we can only hope! 
19 weeks 5 days
size: Ainsley is now the size of a banana! 7 inches long and 11 ounces heavy:) 
what's going on with me:  it has been 6 days since I have been sick and I think that is a record! praising God for being able to enjoy our vacation and for feeling good. There is definitely something to be said about going to bed when your body wants you to, and waking up when your body wants you to. In Nassau, several people commented on me 'expecting' and I was so floored. i was thinking 'how do they know that?!' Philip laughed at me because it is becoming apparent I am pregnant, but in my head I still think it's not that obvious:) 

what's going on with baby:  She is now swallowing and digesting amniotic fluid. She has developed taste buds. some studies have shown that baby will desire the kinds of food I am eating now (cheeseburgers anyone?!). She is also developing teeth buds. The beginning of her eyelashes and eyebrows are growing! There is still room for her to move around, flip and turn. soon she will be more cramped:) She sleeps 12-14 hours a day! (man am I jealous!) 
I was used in an ultrasound class at work today- and got to see little Ainsley while they taught med students how to measure parts of her. I love seeing her in there:) 

Philip and I had many conversations about what Ainsley will look like and what qualities we hope she gains from each of us. We also talked a lot about things that will change in our lives and how excited/nervous we are for those changes:) We are halfway to meeting our little girl!! :) 

No comments: