Saturday, September 22, 2012

BabyMoon

Philip said he has always wanted to surprise me with a trip and he was so pleased with himself for planning such a successful birthday trip. He took a gamble on the weather (which is why we got to go at such an awesome price!), and the odds were in our favor! We had such a wonderful and relaxing time. He takes credit for 'curing my sickness', at least temporarily :)

The flights were uneventful (which in itself is eventful for us). I did have a small breakdown when the flight attendant told me they didn't give out free pretzels. I mean, full on sobbing and couldn't stop. It was embarrassing, but hey, what can ya do. philip tried to get me to tell him what was wrong and found it hard to believe i was that upset over pretzels. I told him to believe it. 

Philip got to get in two scuba dives. He went once with the resort, which was included in the 'all inclusive'. on this dive he made several friends who we hung out with and got to know in the days we were there. the other dive, he went with Stewart Coves, on one of the world's top tanked shark dives. He video taped the whole thing so I could feel like I was there. which I would have never been. sharks are not my thing. and there were like 30 of them, grazing his head and swimming all around him. the instructors gave them strict directions on what to do when they got to the bottom, and told them never to put their arms out (the sharks associate being fed with seeing arms coming out). philip loved it. I however, would not have. he did bring home 2 shark teeth that he found though, and he is so proud of them :) I got a fabulous tshirt:) 

So while he did that, I lounged at the beach and the pools:) It was such perfect timing as far as my pregnancy has gone. I felt good the entire time. I have not gone 6 days feeling good since I found out I was pregnant. There is something to be said about listening to your body and sleeping when it tells you to. and about getting to just relax. and have unlimited frozen fruity drinks (sans alcohol, of course) and feeling Ainsley move around in my belly-- that was actually the best part of the relaxing:) 
Philip was a good sport and went snorkeling with me. It's not nearly as fun or exciting as scuba diving, but it was all I could do. and I appreciate him doing it with me. We also went kayaking, but it was cut short due to Ainsley sitting on my bladder (which was proven in the ultrasound, you could see her head literally on top of my bladder) 


The restaurants there were so yummy. We did italian, british pub, american and bahamian. I love not having to carry a purse or worry about paying for things on vacation. The resort we stayed at had a private island and our last night there we took the ferry over and had dinner there. it was the best meal we had. After dinner we walked around the island and watched the sunset. Then we took the ferry back to the main resort. 
It only rained once, on our last day there from 4-6pm. We had already had a beautiful day and Philip was playing pool volleyball when the heavens opened. we went in, showered and it had quit in time for us to go to dinner. not too shabby for hurricane season :) 

We went to dinner one night and asked to sit outside. the hostess said 'people smoke out there, so with you being pregnant you might not want to'. I was shocked that he knew I was pregnant. It was the first time someone blatantly stated it and I was floored! The next day in the elevator one of the people who worked at the resort commented on me expecting. it was just a weird moment for me, to realize it's becoming apparent. 
At night, on the decks facing the beach, they lit fire pits and had lounge chairs and love seats to sit in. This was one of my favorite parts of this vacation. It was so romantic and such a fun atmosphere. 
We also visited the piano bar where the friends Philip had made diving were hanging out. It was fun, but once they all got hammered and karaoke was in full swing, I was ready for bed:) 
Philip asked me what my favorite part of vacation was, and I couldn't think of just one instance. For us, just getting to spend uninterrupted time together is so nice. We don't get to eat dinner together most weeknights. We don't go to bed together most nights. We wake up at different times. our schedules just aren't 'typical'. and while we both love our jobs and don't complain about the choices we have made, sometimes quality time is a real gift to us. So for this trip, I am so thankful. It was just what I needed. Thanks for such a wonderful trip and birthday present hubs;) 


1 comment:

Blissfully Burton said...

You have not told me you can feel baby girl! how exciting!!!!

and yes, i can't imagine how much you loved the time together!

Just WAIT till she gets here! then family time will mean even MORE to yoU!!!!!!