Sunday, September 2, 2012

Birthday Recap


Ok y'all- I feel like the luckiest person in the world. seriously. I have the most amazing husband. the best group of friends. the most wonderful family. and now a baby girl on the way. I am just so blessed and so thankful for the people I have in my life. God has blessed me and I am so grateful for that. 


My mom got me this wine glass and tiara that sport the letters 3-0 :) Rest assured I am wearing this tiara to my family cook out tomorrow night. and I will be using my cup to drink my tasty lemonade :) 

Saturday Philip woke up and could tell I didn't feel well. He quickly went to Kroger to pick up my Zofran and got me some birthday pancakes :) After I started feeling better he told me to 'go get my purse' ( a popular saying in the Wilhoite family thanks to JC). i was confused at first because usually that means 'it's time to go'. But I went to the hall tree where my purse hangs. In place of my old purse was a gorgeous new one. He is always so good at picking out things like that, that I would never buy myself. I opened it up and was surprised to find sunscreen and a luggage tag inside. I was like 'what in the heck is going on...' at the bottom was a flight itinerary. To the beach. in TWO WEEKS. I sat there, shocked, for literally minutes. He said he was afraid I wasn't excited because I wasn't saying anything except 'i can't believe this'. and I still can't believe it! He had talked to my manager and worked out my schedule and switched one of his shifts to make this happen. So sneaky! and all week he has been making little comments about how sad it is that we wont be going to the beach again for a long time:) sneakster!!! :) 
I told Philip that I hoped our little girl found someone who is as good to her as he is to me. 

We are both so excited to have 5 days where we can just relax, enjoy each other and get away. We realize that once Baby Girl comes we might not get the chance to get away for awhile (which we are totally ok with)

We spent the rest of the day relaxing and looking at baby things:) We picked out all kinds of things for our little one and even found furniture we both love! 

That night we went to one of my favorite restaurants, Heirloom, in Midway. It was one of the best meals I have ever had. Philip said his was too, so dinner was a big success. He even tried one of their new desserts with chocolate covered bacon on top. 
sorry rachel-- i did not think it was good!


Here are some pictures from birthday dinner Friday night:


It was the best birthday I have ever had. Thank you to each one of you who made it so special to me. 

No comments: