Friday, September 7, 2012

18 weeks!

These weeks are flying by! Philip and I were talking and I said 'in 2 weeks we will be halfway done! it doesnt feel like I have been pregnant that long!'. he was shocked I said that after how sick I have been. We decided maybe God put's a chemical in the woman's brain that makes her look back on pregnancy and not think of the bad times. (not that I will ever forget what it has been like though haha) 
i feel like i look BIG in this pic!! 
sickness: i had a few good days this week but was sick a lot of them. The nausea seemed to be a little worse this week and there were certain foods my stomach immediately made me get out. I refuse to believe I won't get better and this will be a full 9 month thing:) Being hopeful! 

size:  a mango! what a nice fruit for once! measuring 6 inches and .5 lbs!! 
what's going on in my body: nothing much new really this week. I have been really tired this week but I have also been working harder at work. I did fall asleep with the overhead light on and was so tired I didn't wake up until 4 to turn it off:) I feel like the 'bump' is getting more prominent and people have even started touching my belly which I think is funny but doesn't bother me. My bladder has gotten a little better than last week but still doesn't hold much :)

what's going on with baby:   Her arms and legs are finally in proportion to her body and her cartilage is turning to bone, which is enabling her to stretch, kick and surf around in there:) At the ultrasound they told me my placenta was more towards the front so I might not feel her move for a little longer:( baby is now covered in vernix. it's not my favorite thing when I see a baby covered in this substance, but I am sure when it is mine I will feel much differently :)
moving like crazy!
highlights: we can now stop calling the baby 'it' and say 'she'. it is taking both of us getting used to:) Philip brought up the name Ainsley, which I am loving more every day. He said on the day we found out it was a girl, that he felt like that was what her name was supposed to be. I always thought we would call a girl Eden, but Ainsley seems to flow with 'Jo' and 'Overall' better. and I am starting to like it better than Eden!
countdown!!!

No comments: