Wednesday, March 30, 2011

C-A-T-S CATS CATS CATS!


Philip and I are both UK fans. obviously we aren't crazy fans that wouldn't take a trip in the middle of march madness, since we were in Hawaii last week during some big games :) for example my friend Bird would plan his wedding, kids, life around UK games. that kind of crazy. (luckily Shira loves him anyway, she's a good woman).
We did however keep up with the games even with the time difference. The big game against OSU, we were at the luau. we both tried to discreetly have our phones out to check the score. Dad was texting me the score and Philip was checking ESPN. as the game got to the end, we were shamelessly cheering on the CATS in the middle of dinner. Sunday's game we got back from Diamond Head just in time to cheer on for the last half. we cheered the cats on from the sand in Waikiki.
The Wilhoite's had two brackets this year. one that was the same group from last year, and then another one we made before we realized we had the emails saved from the group last year. yours truly is winning one of them. actually i have pretty much won it. I picked UK to win it all. (my final four was UK, Purdue, FL & Connecticut). i also picked Morehead to beat Louisville. that was a lot of points right there. so that one is in the bag. Which my cousin JC states he is happy about. because the winner gets exempt from cooking on Wilhoite vacation this year. (he doesn't know about my newly acquired cooking skills obviously). Unfortunately, in my other bracket I made one small change. I picked OSU to beat UK. dangit! so now Bird is going to win that bracket. ugh. and he is such a sore winner.
My Aunt Ellen works for Texas Wings (Hooters) in the accounting area. As soon as UK won her phone went off asking if she wanted tickets to the Final Four!!! So her, Mom, Dad and my dad's friend Vic are leaving Friday to go to Houston to cheer on the cats! Their seats are right under the basket so be looking for them on TV! What an exciting trip for them, once in a lifetime.
Good luck on Saturday KY!!!! you got this.

No comments: