Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween Everyone!!! 

As most of you know, this is not my favorite holiday. I hate. HATE. masks. I hate being scared. so while I appreciate the cute little kids dressed up, and people wanting to get free candy, I freeze up when I see a mask. or a clown. or if I can't see your face in any way. 

That being said, it is still a holiday. and i like holidays and an excuse to get together with friends:) 

One of the attendings at work had her annual Halloween Party on Friday night. Philip had to work, so I went with some of my girl friends. We went out to dinner before hand and then got the pleasure of watching everyone else get drunk and silly as we stayed sober and laughed at them :) 
 pregnant devils in a blue dress and a pregnant skeleton. 
Phiips friends posing for a picture for me to send to him
Sunday night was Lexington's Annual Thriller Dance. This event drags all the weirdos and freaks out into one big group (sorry Gary, but it's true). and they dance down main street. and creep me out. every year. but before they dance, they are 'dead' on the sidewalks. or lurk down the streets. 
Philip, again, had to work:( but my friend Donielle went with me. we went out to dinner at Parlay Social and then walked to the almost torturous event. Emily and her friend met us down there. We were followed by a real creepy zombie who tried to sniff us. another zombie dressed at Elvis trailed behind us growling. these people get in character and take it seriously. Which is funny because donielle and i both get super freaked out and I think I gave her bruises on her arm where I kept grabbing her. 

Uncle Gary dressed up as Nerlens Noel Zombie
so hard for me to be touched by a zombie
This morning, Jackson put on his costume and ran upstairs to wake his dad up and say 'Happy Halloween!'
(he's a shark but he wouldn't be still long enough for a good picture)
trying to bite if off 
Tonight Emily invited Jax and I over for dinner and a movie. We are so excited for our Halloween play date:) 
playing with last year's halloween toy from Mom - can u believe it survived a whole year?! 

1 comment:

Blissfully Burton said...

I LOVE the preggo halloween shirt! i may have to borrow!