Saturday, October 13, 2012

23 weeks

I am a day late on this post-- oops! Yesterday was a busy and tiring day for me, but it was good:) 

you already know about the dr's appointments this week so I wont go into that again. excited for wednesday though!!
thank you Kelly for taking pic in philips absence:) 
size: Aunt Ellen is cracking up at this week's comparison... she is an ear of corn! haha, what a funny thing to compare a baby to :) she is 8.5 inches long and 1.5 lbs! I am not putting a picture of an ear of corn on here. because that's just sort of weird to me:) but so happy she is growing in there!!! 

what's going on with me:
this week held NO PUKING for me-- yay! still nauseas and still having to take some time to get it under control but i was determined to not get sick this week :) thankful I work with people who can sympathize and help take care of me:)
I have felt good enough to walk a lot this week and am hoping I can keep doing this while it is still nice out. 
I have hit the 'emotional phase' with full force. These hormones are the real deal people. it is scary having them take over in ways I can't control. I'm not a big cryer so this has been an adjustment for both Philip and for me:) 

what's going on with Ainsley: she is now about the length of a standard letter (much better comparison). her face is almost fully formed. can't wait to see it wednesday i hope! she still doesn't have any fat under her skin so the skin is transparent. Philip hasn't been able to feel her again this week, she always seems to be crazy when he is at work. he gets disappointed when I can feel her and he can't. hopefully she will start kicking around for him in there;)
* i passed my glucose test!!!! i was so afraid they were going to tell me I failed and I couldnt have sweets for the next 4 months*

cravings:  pineapple. we bought some at Sam's club and I am loving it. 

we also welcomed
 one of Ainsley's soon-to-be best friends into the world on Friday. Avery Nicole Donovan was born on 10-12-12 weighing 7 lbs 11 oz. Jordan, of course, made labor look like a breeze and her and Avery are both doing great:) 



No comments: