Monday, October 8, 2012

random

*these are random ramblings:)*
Philip has had a pretty easy work schedule the past few weeks. He will pay for it at the end of this month, but for the past few weeks it has been so nice. We have gotten a lot of stuff done for the nursery. all the big stuff anyway. furniture ordered, bedding ordered (and shipped!), glider ordered, closet organizer designed. next on the list is order paint so mom and aunt ellen can get to painting:) I will help as much as I can:) 

My first shower is on Sunday and I am so excited. It's a little early, but my good friend Erin is at the end of her pregnancy and wanted to have it before baby Tate gets here:) I just can't believe that people are actually coming to shower my baby with love. it sounds corny but it really just means so much to me. that people care enough about me and this sweet baby that hasn't even made it into the world yet. 

We have our anatomy scan tomorrow and I can hardly wait to see her again. Philip works the next 3 nights so he is sacrificing sleep to be there, which I appreciate a lot. I told him he didn't have to come, but I know he wants to be there and see her too:) I also have the dreaded glucose test. so no eating tonight after midnight. prayers I don't puke in the waiting room tomorrow:/ 

It is getting chilly here in KY, it was 60 degrees in our bedroom this morning when I woke up. loved it. this fall weather makes me so happy. 

At church this Sunday Mike challenged us to pray with our spouse for the next 30 days. I want to try really hard to do this. It isn't always feasible for us because we don't see each other every day, but we have at least made a list of things we want to both pray about this month. Mike referenced the scripture we had read at our wedding which is always good for me to hear:
"Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. 10 If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. 11 Likewise, two people lying close together can keep each other warm. But how can one be warm alone? 12 A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken." Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 

Trying to spend some time focusing on the fact that 3 is much stronger than 2. 
Happy Monday :)

No comments: