Sunday, October 14, 2012

Crock Pot Chili

Last week I made chili for Philip before he went into work. And then my 2 friends Emily and Corey came over later and had it too! I am sort of picky about chili, because I love my Mom's so much, but this one was really good (and super easy)!! 
(taken and modified from www.myrecipes.com )
ingredients:
1 1/2 lb lean ground beef
1 onion chopped
1 green bell pepper chopped
minced garlic cloves
1 (16 oz) can red kidney beans
2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes
2-3 tbs chili powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp ground cumin
brown sugar (depending on how sweet u want it)

prep:
cook first 4 ingredients in large skillet until beef is no longer pink. drain. stir in remaining ingredients and put in crock pot. cook on high 3-4 hours or low 5-6. 

makes 4-6 servings (fed 4 for me) 

I served with corn bread muffins. Everyone (including me) really liked it. I will definitely be making again! 

No comments: