Saturday, November 3, 2012

26 weeks

We are 6 1/2 months into our pregnancy! I just can't believe it! I think I am finally starting to feel pregnant. This week was sort of rough, but throw in a GI bug/possible food poisoning and it would make a rough week for anyone :) 

size: she is 2.2 lbs and 15 inches long. measuring the size of a cucumber this week.
what's going on with me: well like i said it was not the best week as far as sickness goes. but that's ok!   She is growing and moving around a lot and that makes me happy :) My uterus is now the size of a basketball (holy crap). I haven't started swelling yet and my rings and shoes are still fitting, for now;) When I go on walks my fingers do swell but they always have at least a little. I have started having lower back pain and have had to add a few pillows to the bed at night, but nothing unmanageable:) My contacts have started not fitting as well, which i think is odd, but apparently normal. Overall things are going well! 
We have a dr's appointment Monday and will (finally) meet our new Doctor. I am anxious to meet her and hope Philip and I both like her as much as we think we will. 


what's going on with baby A: She has doubled in weight from 4 weeks ago! Which you can totally tell by looking at my belly:) Her nerves to her auditory system are developing more and she might even be able to recognize mine and philip's voice now! Her tastebuds are fully developed and eating spicy food could give her the hiccups:) (this hasn't happened yet!) She is starting to put on baby fat (maybe she will have my chubby cheeks?!) She can also start moving her head around. Her tiny little toenails have started to come in too! 

We got a lot done on the nursery this week, thanks to my mom and Aunt Ellen. They came over and painted the whole nursery for us, while I supervised:) It looks great and hopefully today Philip can finish the rest of the moulding and painting and the walls will be done! 
Philip putting together the closet
my favorite women painting my baby's nursery! (aunt ellen has never painted before, we feel so honored) 

No comments: