Saturday, January 28, 2012

lazy day

I think yesterday was the laziest I have been in months. MONTHS. 
One of my friends& coworker is leaving to do travel nursing (what a sweet gig for those of you single nurses out there). She works night shift and wanted to do go to a UK hot spot for early morning breakfast: Winchells. At 8am the place is packed with night shift UK employees having a beer and breakfast before they go to bed. Philip frequents there often after a long night shift. 
Anyway, I got my butt out of bed yesterday to meet her and some other nurses for breakfast. I skipped the mimosas they were all getting and opted for coffee- like a normal person would get at 8 in the morning. I resisted getting the 'Elvis pancakes' that I so wanted. peanut butter, bananas and chocolate chips. in a pancake. my dad would love those. they also have Almond Joy pancakes, with coconut, almonds and chocolate. my mom would love those:) But I was good and got neither. So after breakfast I came home and laid on the couch watching movies and reading and doing absolutely nothing productive. I was such a waste. 
Then last night we had her going away party at Village Hose Pizza, which we had never been to before. Philip was able to come before he went into work at 10. anywho- Ashley, we will greatly miss you in the ER and can't wait for you to come back to us. Good luck in DC! 

Tonight is date night! Oh how I love these nights. We are venturing to Midway to have dinner at Heirloom. We have been there twice, once when we were dating and once on an anniversary. I'm excited to go back. In spinning this morning I envisioned the food there to push myself extra hard. :)

for those of you wondering- the pasta I made for book club was a hit. I would recommend going to the link I posted on the last blog and making it. Or find it on my pinterest page. YUMMMM.
Hope everyone has a happy weekend!!!
Happy Birthday to my Uncle Rick!!! looking forward to celebrating tomorrow! :) :)
His birthday lunch last year at Donatos

No comments: