Monday, January 9, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up and Ramblings

I have had a nice stretch of days off from work. a perk to a nurse's schedule i guess. working 13 hour days sucks, but 3 days a week allows lots of flexibility. 

anyway-I have really enjoyed these 5 days off. Sadly, Philip has worked almost every one of them. except two. But I tried to stay busy and use the time to see friends and family. 

Thursday night Philip was off and he took me to PF Chang's for dinner. We had such a great night just talking and catching up. I know that sounds weird, we live together, there isn't much to catch up on, right? Well, living together for us doesn't mean we sleep at the same times. Or are awake or home at the same times. So yes, we usually have lots to catch up on:) and it's so nice when we get that time.

Friday morning Dad came up to help me take down our outside Christmas lights (sad face). Jackson ran off, made it out of our cul de sac, got clipped by a car, but is more than ok. bad dog. anyway- I took Dad to lunch after for all of his hard work. Friday night I got to have dinner at a new restaurant, The Dish, with  my good friends Jordan and Alison. We like to try out new places, and have had some good and notsogood experiences. This one, however, was a good one. The pomegranate sirloin was divine:) wine was yummy, conversation so fun. Meg- we missed you. but we know Harper needed you more:)

Saturday I got caught up on cleaning, laundry, etc. I went to the library. I sat outside and read (yes, in January). That night I went to Georgetown to meet my family for their weekly dinner at Mi Casita.

Yesterday I met some friends from work for lunch at Saul Good and then went to see 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'. well, i messed up the time. it started at 1:00, not 1:30 like I could have sworn it said on Monday when I looked it up. so we missed the first 20 minutes. And then, to add to it, it was closed caption and so we got very graphic scenes described in words. in one particular scene it said at the bottom " (squish)" coulda done without that. in the most climatic scene of the movie the words to 'Sail Away' were scrolling across the bottom. my bad ladies, I will double check the movie times and descriptions next time!
Last night Emily and I took Jackson on a long walk. It wasn't quite as warm as we thought it was going to be, but still crazynice for January 8.

Today Philip and I are both off, and he is still sleeping, since he didn't get home until after 2. I am anxious for him to get up and spend time with me:) 
Then back to work tomorrow. I hope everyone had a happy weekend:)

* sorry whitney, no pics this time. I know you hate pictureless posts*

No comments: