Friday, February 3, 2012

Philip's crazy talk

My husband warned me when we got married that he did weird things in his sleep. 
y'all, I had no idea how weird it was going to get.

For those of you who didn't get to hear the story, several months ago Philip stayed up late and ended up watching an alligator show on Discovery. I dont know what time he came to bed, but I do know that around 3am he woke me up when he jumped up in the bed and yelled 'holy crap!'. I jumped awake and asked him what was going on. He kept saying 'holy crap!', as he was crouched down on his feet in the middle of the bed. He jumped off the bed and asked me if I could see it. I asked him what he was talking about. He was looking at a brown throw blanket that was in the middle of the bed. Maya was laying on top of it. He grabbed a pillow and was jabbing at the blanket like the pillow was a sword. I told him to 'stop! it's Maya!' and he whispers 'It isn't Maya. it's an alligator!'. I grabbed our poor kitty and instructed Philip to go back to sleep. which he did. and didnt remember any of it until I recounted it for him the next morning.
Several times a week he will just say garbish words in his sleep that I can't even understand. Sometimes he will start laughing in his sleep. Last week he sat straight up in bed and said 'holy crap' (again). I opened one eye and told him to go back to sleep. 

However, 2 nights ago Philip took a scuba class. He didn't get home until late and I had already gone to bed. So when he woke me up at 2am and said 'I was in the pool!'. I thought maybe he really had gotten in the pool. So i asked him which pool. 'the BIG ONE' he says. and I was like 'UK?' and he said 'no the big one!'. here we go again... so i told him to go back to sleep. but he didn't. so I said 'you're crazy'. Well this spurred him to jump out of bed and swing around the post on our bed frame yelling 'I'm crazy!'. All I could do was look at him and laugh.
gotta love him.
You can't make this stuff up.

3 comments:

Blissfully Burton said...

hehehe

L.B. said...

True love!!! And super fun to laugh about!

Brittany Kaiser said...

This is so funny, but if I were you I wouldn't let him do any kick boxing or sword fighting before he goes to bed. ;)