Monday, January 23, 2012

weekend wrapup

Philip was in Morehead all weekend so I tried to make plans to keep busy. Lucky for me, I have some awesome friends who are willing to hang out with me:)

Friday night I went to Chuy's for dinner with my good friend Donielle. It was her birthday a few weeks ago and we were just now getting to celebrate. We had such a good time. If you haven't been to the new Mexican Restaurant, Chuy's, you should try it out. When they bring your salsa, ask for the ranch jalapeno sauce (complimentary). its sooo yummy.

Saturday I went to the gym and then raced home to shower and get ready for Girl's Day! As I said in my previous post, Gma B got all the girls massage gift cards and so we used them Saturday. Grandma has a masseuse she prefers, so I like to refer to him as 'Grandma's boyfriend Zach'. After we all got nice and relaxed, we went to Josie's for lunch! This has become one of my favorite places to eat in Lexington. I have never gotten anything bad to eat there (except lately I can't veer away from the chicken salad sandwich...) 

That night I went to church with my friends Jordan and Nick. Jon was back from his time off from preaching, and I was so happy. I learn so much when he preaches. After church I stopped by Megan and Brian's to get my Harper fill (and meg too :)). It had been tooo long since I had kissed those cheeks!
"I love Aunt Amanda"
I had to work yesterday. When I came home, Philip had surprised me by trying out  my creme brulee set he got me for Christmas. He pulled out the little dishes and we torched the top and guess what I had for dinner?! it was delicious. I'm off today. And since it is going to be almost 60 degrees today, I think Jackson and I will take a nice long walk.

In the spirit of our trip to Paris, I am going to make a French pasta dish tonight. with more creme brulee for dessert:) 
hope mine looks this good!
 I have a fun week coming up full of book club, date night and life group dinner! I am excited to get to see so many people I love :) 


2 comments:

Blissfully Burton said...

I love "theme" meals!! :)

Thanks for loving on Harper. Seriously. It truly makes my heart happy to see my close friends love Harper. ;)

Aunt Ellen said...

You forgot to mention why you liked your masseuse!
PS tell Megan how cute Harper is.