Sunday, May 22, 2011

1 year old! or is it 7?

Happy Birthday Jackson!!!

This morning he woke me up (like he always does) by sitting next to my side of the bed, whimpering. sometimes pawing. But I couldnt get mad at him like I often do. I mean, it is his birthday. So instead I sang Happy Birthday to him. not the whole thing, a condensed version.  and he looked at me, turning his head to the right then the left as I serenaded him in an off key voice. but his little nubbin of a tail was wagging. So he might have been thinking 'this is awful' but it seemed to make him happy.

Yesterday I made a trip to the Bluegrass Barkery to get Jax some birthday treats. For those of you who have pets, you must visit this store. It is like a Toys-R-Us for your furry friend. and they encourage you to bring your pets with you. Everything there is all natural; toys, food, shampoo,drinks,etc. it's all good for them. So i was planning on just getting him a little birthday cake. But then I saw that they make beer for dogs (its really just broth with some glucosamine in it-for their joints. you can get chicken which is a pale ale, or beef which is a dark ale). and I knew Philip would love it. And then i saw a toy labeled 'tough and indestructible'.perfect for a dog that can find a way to destroy metal. So i had to get him that too. Then i forced myself to get out of there before I bought him more stuff he really didn't need. this is not a good sign for when I have kids...
We waited to celebrate Jackson's birthday until Philip got off work. because he left at 5am this morning, and neither Jax nor myself were in any mood for a beef flavored beer and granola birthday cake.

Happy Birthday Lil' Buddy! You have brought so much entertainment, love, and slobber to our household:) 


4 comments:

Blissfully Burton said...

Pup is cute! :)
You are looking quite tan and skinny my deary! :)

Amanda garabrandt said...

I love this!!

Kari said...

Yay! Happy Birthday Jackson!!! I hope to meet you someday soon!!!

amanda said...

meg- that isn't "tan" its burnt.:) but thank you. Amanda- I was hoping you would read it!:) Kari- Jackson can't wait to meet you :) please come play