Thursday, May 19, 2011

Belated Mother's Day

I havent blogged in over a week... (sorry aunt ellen!)
I feel like i have had a lot going on, but not really.
Sunday we had a late mother's day celebration, since Mom was out of town on actual mother's day. We grilled steaks, corn on the cob, loaded mashed potato casserole and fruit pizza. The steaks were amazing, compliments of aunt ellen. she knew if I was in charge of buying them, I would not get the good stuff, like she does:) lucky us! Matt and rachel were in charge of the corn. of course, rachel loves corn. and I made a loaded mashed potato casserole from a recipe i found here. and of course I made fruit pizza, a Wilhoite favorite.
I love having family get togethers. I always feel the most 'myself' when I am around my family. it's like plugging my batteries in and getting them recharged. :)

* prayer request: they have found a mass on my Grandma B's lung. she has to have a biopsy on Friday morning to figure out what it is and if it is cancerous. Please say a prayer for her and for the procedure.*
*praise!: my Godchild Tyndall recently had to go into the pediatric ICU from DKA, a complication of her diabetes. She is recovered and doing so well! Thank you Jesus:)*
Ty holding the stuffed animal we sent her :)

2 comments:

Kari said...

That loaded mashed potato casserole looks amazing. I think I drooled all over my key board! I'll be praying for your Grandma!

Blissfully Burton said...

Glad you guys had fun! :)