Thursday, May 26, 2011

storms

So i went to bed pretty early last night. I worked the past 3 days, and 3 12 hour shifts in a row can wear a girl out. plus philip is on nights right now, so he was not home to hang out with. so, to bed i went. But around 2 am I woke up to a door banging against the doorway. in our house, this isn't that weird. Maya likes to get her paw under the bottom of the door and pull it again and again, making that noise. a lot. but it kept going and going. so i thought ' maybe I accidentally locked maya in the pantry'. that too has happened. a lot. so I called for her, and she came. so now I started freaking out. and let me preface this by saying I do freak out over every little noise. way more when Philip is not home to wake up and investigate. So i called him. he didn't answer. the banging continued. I called him again. no answer. i texted 'please call me, i am scared'. nothing. so i got up and turned on every light in the house. and sure enough, our spare bedroom door was closed but banging against the doorframe. i looked outside and yes it was pretty windy, but its been windy before and never done that. i called philip, again. no luck. i stuffed a towel under the doorway trying to make it stop. there was no way I was opening that door to see what was making it bang. i figured it was probably the wind, but you never know. i even thought maybe a window broke and that was making the wind pull the door. and I thought 'i should probably go in there, this rain will ruin everything'. but fear got the best of me. what if it was a monster or a person? trying to get out? i stuffed the towel harder.
So I came down to the couch and turned on the tv. yes, there was a tornado watch. and a severe thunder storm warning. and lexington was covered in green on the radar and moving to the 'red'. I called philip. this time he answered. he stayed on the phone with me as long as he could trying to help me go back to sleep. but I was convinced that there was a person in our spare bedroom and that now me and the animals were going to get sucked away by a tornado. so we all stayed on the couch. jackson was determined to sleep right next to me. and he kept pushing me off the couch. maya was wanting to sleep on my chest. I think they were as scared as I was. so it was a long night last night. praying I dont get called in to work today- I need today to clean and catch up.
oh, and i still haven't opened that door. philip can do it when he wakes up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It could have been a clown!

Kari said...

Did you ever find out what it was? Also, is "Anonymous" Doni?