Monday, August 10, 2015

Nursery

I feel that there is a huge weight off my shoulders having the nursery done. 
almost 38 weeks, cutting it just a little close:) 
We were going to have a painter paint his room, but he kept pushing us back and waiting for a 'rainy day' to do it, and I gave him more than one (ok three) chances to give us a date it would be painted by. When he wouldn't give us an exact date, I decided we were doing it ourselves. So the first day Philip had off, he went to Lowes, Mom came up to watch A, and Philip and I got to work painting. It took about 4 hours to get the room painted gray. Then P painted the ceiling because my back couldn't handle any more. We picked up the crib that evening and he assembled it. 
The next day, I had to work as did Philip that night, he was going to simply tape off the stripes on the accent wall. In true husband fashion, I get this picture at work that afternoon: 
The next (next) day he had off, him and my dad went and picked up all the furniture and put it together. Meanwhile, my mom was busy making curtains and my friend Kari was busy making bedding of an unbelievable quality ( you should definitely check out her business- Bedding by One Crazy Lady). 
After this weekend I got all the goodies and we put everything together and- hallelujah! it is complete! all we need now is baby Parker to really complete it. 
amazing curtains by mom
blankets by donielle! 
We are so happy with how it turned out. And that there is so much love from so many people in this one little room for our new baby. Can't wait to see how much love it is filled with in just a few short weeks! 

1 comment:

Rachel Wilhoite said...

It all looks so handsome! I love the colors!