Thursday, August 20, 2015

39 weeks

this pic makes me cringe. but oh well, what can you do. 
Parker this week: you tricked me several times this week into thinking you were ready to make your grand entrance, but then you decided that you weren't, in fact, ready. Saturday morning, Sunday morning and again Monday morning, for at least a good hour, I had consistent contractions. but then they puttered out and didn't come back consistently that day. 
Tuesday you decided to drop a little and I was able to eat a full sandwich for the first time in a week or so (chicken salad, of course). 
You have got to be cramped in there, but you continue to shove your little butt out as hard as you can making me have to hold my stomach to keep you from ripping it open:) 
You are weighing in at 7-8 lbs (no one can really be accurate at this point) and measuring 19-21 inches long. Your little brain continues to grow rapidly. 

me this week: I went to the OB on wednesday morning and had my membranes stripped. 
He said you were settling into my pelvis. I celebrated my OB appointment with a #1 from McD ( hey, I've earned it). 
Braxton Hicks contractions haven't been the most fun the past 3 days. More than anything they just made me super tired and sore. Tuesday morning they were mostly in my back which was pretty uncomfortable. Philip woke up at one point and asked what was happening. I told him I was having more contractions, and literally 45 seconds later he was back asleep. Part of me wanted to kick him but I let him sleep :) which he did return the favor and let me take a nap while he watched A that day, so i'm not complaining. 

Donielle and I tried pressure points on my feet tuesday night to try to induce labor. I drank pineapple juice. bounced on my yoga ball (which ainsley thinks is so fun to join on). I ate spicy food. went on walks (short ones). attempting all the 'home remedies' that probably worked for one person and then was claimed to be a labor inducer. so far, no dice. 

cravings: chips still. juices. chicken n a biskit crackers (again) 

No comments: