Wednesday, August 19, 2015

letter for Parker

Dear Parker,
I can't believe you are almost here. My time with you has gone so fast. You have already been so different from your sister that I can't wait to see what you are like outside the womb. 
We are anxiously awaiting you to enter this world. I say anxious because we are much more apprehensive with you coming than we were last time. Ignorance really is bliss I think;) but we are also so so excited. You will be the piece that completes our family. You are going to turn our little family of 3 into a family of 4. 
I can't wait for your Daddy to get to meet you and hold you. Because it's hard for him, not getting to know you like I get to know you for 9 months. You are a stranger to him until the moment he sees your face for the first time. I have gotten to form a bond with you that no one else will ever be able to (take that future wife! just kidding). 
My heart is happy just thinking about how much your sister is going to love you. How she is going to become a Big Sister and learn so much from you. And while my heart aches for her and how her world is about to change, it also swells at knowing she is going to have a brother to grow up with. Because I had a brother almost as old as she will be, and I wouldn't change it for the world. He took (takes) care of me, and Ainsley will do the same for you, no matter what. 
can not wait to see your sweet little face and hold you for the first time. I can't wait to see your little fingers and toes and kiss those cheeks. 
You have so many people who already love you. They are also anxiously awaiting you to come out. 
You've been working on taking steps into this world, but aren't quite sure you are ready yet. It's ok little man, we feel the same way:) But I promise you once you decide to come out, we will love you more than you ever thought possible:) 
Love, 
Mommy (and Daddy) 

No comments: