Saturday, December 22, 2012

Nursery

We finally got our last piece of furniture in! Now I can feel good about the nursery and take some pictures to share with you all! 

We didn't go with a 'theme' for the nursery. and we tried not to make it overwhelmingly one color (pink). because I get sick of things quickly and I want Ainsley's room to make me (and her) happy for a long time:) So we went with pink and gray. Mom and Aunt Ellen helped us paint. The top half of the walls are light gray, the bottom dark gray, and we painted a chair rail pink to run around the middle of the room. (philip's idea and I love it)
Ok so here are more pictures of the nursery. It is not done yet, it is a work in progress but it is pretty close to being complete! 
love this chair. it is so comfortable
right now the changing table has her Christmas tree and nativity scene on it:) of course after December it will be her changing pad:)

girl has got some clothes:)  
I made this ribbon holder!! I am not crafty so I was quite proud. 
Philip put the closet together with a kit we ordered from Home Depot (it turned out great but was a real pain in the butt for him to put together). 

We are so happy with the nursery. It is just what Philip and I both wanted. The room is filled with so much love from so many of her family and friends. Everywhere I look there are things that have been made for us, bought for us, and sent to us from people who love Ainsley and can't wait to meet her:) We can't wait either Baby Girl!!! 

1 comment:

L.B. said...

It looks great. I love your ribbon holder and the pink chair rail...if you want some vinyl letters or images for the wall let me know I can cut them out for you...they go on walls well and do not leave marks. so close!!!