Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas Party

Tonight we hosted the third annual Overall Christmas Party!
My energy and enthusiasm was not quite what it has been the past two years. But lucky for me, I have an awesome husband, amazing parents, and some awesome aunts/grandma who chipped in and helped me. 
After a rough night of sickness, I laid around this morning and Philip and I spent late morning/all afternoon cooking and baking together while listening to Christmas music. He was such a big help, and I can't imagine how stressful my day would have been if he hadn't helped me. I am one lucky woman. 
As if that wasn't enough, my parents and Emily came over early and took over so Philip and I could go to a visitation for his sweet cousin Larry. Again, so blessed. 
On the menu for tonight: 
Spicy Cheeseburger Soup
Puppy Chow (of course)
meat and cheese tray with crackers (I am proud of this one)
assorted cookies/fudge



It wasn't as cold as it has been in years past (which makes me so sad...) so the hot chocolate wasn't as big of a hit as it was last year. But everything else seemed to go over well! My favorite (and my dad's) was the pepperoni bites. Philip's was the Pickle Dip. 

It was such a nice time getting to visit with my family and Philip's family. I love having everyone together to celebrate my favorite holiday. And we got to show off the nursery to several people who haven't gotten to see it yet!  It is so weird to think next year Ainsley will be 10 months old. i mean-- crazy! 
To everyone who made it, and those we were there in spirit: thank you for helping us celebrate Christmas and one of my favorite traditions of the season :) 
I sat down while Mom, Dad and Philip cleaned up and then got my feet rubbed after everyone left (thank you Michigan family-- your pleas worked!! haha) 

1 comment:

Cenchrea said...

I'm so glad you had a great dinner! Was that Phillip modeling the pickle dip:) Love you and Merry Christmas!